The MCSAA philosophy is to produce Christ-honoring coaches and athletes. The game plan is devised to draw out the student-athlete’s greatest potential – body, mind, and spirit – focusing on four of Christ’s biblical traits: LOVE, INTEGRITY, FAITH, and EXCELLENCE. The goal of honoring Christ is a lifelong endeavor.
The MCSAA believes:
That athletics are a means to an end, not an end in themselves.
That the process is as important as the performance.
That the person (student-athlete) is more important than the program.
The MCSAA is committed to:
1. Supporting coaches and their institutions in a plan that will impact the lives of student-athletes for Christ in the present as well as in the future.
2. Challenging the student-athlete via athletic competition.
4. Expecting academic excellence.
5. Encouraging Christians to be able to best serve family, school, church, and our world.
6. Making a positive impact in developing the leaders of tomorrow.
Athletic participation is a unique experience that prepares Christian men and women for a life of meaningful work and service. The athletic experience provides a dynamic growth process for learning discipline, teamwork, leadership, and mutual respect where the student-athlete and his/her preparation for life are more important to the coaches and the athletic administration than win-loss records and championships.